The sights you can see by visiting our region are many. You may visit, depending on your wishes, archaeological sites, tourist attractions and areas of natural beauty. Below you can find some of the most famous and remarkable sights of our region which we recommend you visit unreservedly.
Preveza resembles a green island once surrounded on three sides by the sea (Gulf of Amvrakikos and Ionian Sea) and the fourth side is connected with the rest of the region with just one kilometers of land. It is a quiet town with a mild tourism and beautiful natural environment. On the city's edges dominate three imposing castles. (Pantokratora's castle, Agios Georgios castle, Agios Antreas castle).
Preveza is one of the most desirable cities in Greece for family tourism.
In addition you can spend a little extra time and make small excursions to beautiful and enchanting nearby destinations. The proposed routes are the following:
- The beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Parga with its castle and the island of Panagia
- Lefkada with its beaches of unique beauty such as Porto Katsiki, Kathisma and Agios Nikitas
- The Straits of Acheron, a narrow and impressive gorge formed by the mountains of Paramythia and Souli. The region is of exceptional beauty and significant ecological interest
- The natural lake of Ziros which is a forming region of infinite natural beauty and is located in the west of the city of Filippiada.
- The famous Oracle of Acheron, which was the most important place of worship of the gods of the underworld and communication with the souls of the dead in ancient times
- The ancient city of Kassopi
- The historic monument of Zalongo where the heroic women of Souli were sacrificed.
- The beautiful islands of Paxos, the island of Odysseus to Ithaca, Kefalonia, Corfu and the island of Onassis named Scorpio